I’m frequently inspired by our clients.
As the president of 3 Aspens Media, a B2B content marketing and strategy firm, I have had the pleasure of working with so many intelligent and effective leaders in the industrial distribution, technology and other industries. Much of our job involves interviewing our clients and translating that expertise into engaging content for their prospects, so I’ve learned a lot from their experience. I’m grateful for that.
In the spirit of appreciation for my clients and my team, I’d like to take a look back at 2017 and provide a glimpse into what’s next for 3 Aspens Media in 2018.
- We grew our team by 100% (from 2 to 4!) as a result of a conscious decision we made to grow in 2017, which resulted in our meeting and working with even more great companies.
- We helped two companies launch new websites, including redesign and fresh, customer-focused copy and lead-gen. This has led not only to new leads but also to streamlined customer onboarding, as one client told us.
- We worked with our clients to draft nearly 200 articles for clients’ websites and industry publications. Thanks to the valuable insights our clients shared, many of the latter landed on industry publications’ most-read lists either for the month or the year and some were shared further by other publications and social media accounts, extending our clients’ reach to tens of thousands of prospective customers.
- We prioritized opt-in email list growth for our clients, working alongside them to develop information-packed downloads for their customers. This strategy helped one of our consulting clients nearly double their email list in the second half of the year, beating industry average open and click-through rates in the process.
- We worked with our clients to improve their engagement on social media platforms, particularly LinkedIn and Twitter. One client enjoyed more than 6,000 views of a single LinkedIn post.
I’m so proud of what my team has accomplished in 2017, and I’m looking forward to working with our existing and new clients in 2018. We hope to be able to grow our team further in 2018 so that we can support our clients with more resources and expertise. We’re investing in SEO as a priority, and digging deep to ensure that the blogs, whitepapers, case studies and other content we develop will truly resonate with our clients’ customers’ needs.
We also learned a lot in 2017 that we are applying to our work in 2018. Another benefit of working with so many businesses is that we can apply what worked with one to another. (And perhaps avoid what didn’t work!)
I truly believe in the power of content to grow your business. Great content that differentiates is a requirement in today’s hyper-competitive market.
Read more about our philosophy about how content can help you grow in this recent piece on mdm.com: How Distributors Can Differentiate Online
Growing this business is fulfilling a dream of mine, and I’m thankful to everyone who has and continues to support us. We look forward to working with you in 2018!