Director of Content Strategy
If you’re serious about this role, please apply by emailing your resume and a cover letter to COO Teri Vannoy at [email protected].
3 Aspens Media, a growing 12-person B2B content marketing firm in Boulder County, Colorado, is looking for a Director of Content Strategy to support our team remotely.
We believe that successful customer engagement requires writing about what customers care about. (That means saying goodbye to traditional sales pitches.) The Director of Content Strategy will support a team of client success managers and writers in developing and executing successful omnichannel content strategies and print and digital assets that help our customers meet their marketing goals.
Our clients are in B2B and span industries, including SaaS technology, vending, inventory management services, industrial distribution, consulting and associations. Many target the wholesale distribution and manufacturing industries. Knowledge of these specific industries is a plus, but not required.
- Adapt and create processes for content strategy development to drive consistency and efficiencies in how we support content planning for clients.
- Develop and continually update content strategies and cadence for our clients with Client Success Managers.
- Strategize with Client Success Managers to develop, execute and adapt editorial calendars for clients.
- Collaborate with Client Success Managers and Design Services to develop Style Guides for clients and 3 Aspens Media that include persona and brand voice.
- Research and compile relevant resources and outlines when required for individual articles and series, including SEO elements as needed.
- Prioritize SEO as a key component of content planning and execution.
- Collaborate with President/COO on new business proposals, onboarding new clients and setting client priorities, as needed.
- Troubleshoot team workflow/workload issues and enhancements to content creation processes with COO.
- Work cross-functionally with design services, marketing operations and SEO teams.
- Measure content effectiveness with metrics that establish, validate and drive the content strategy. Liaise with the Director of SEO and Client Analytics and marketing operations to ensure regular tracking and standard reporting by client, customized to client’s needs and goals.
- Drive and execute 3 Aspens Media’s content strategy and write for 3 Aspens Media as a thought leader in content strategy.
- Support content production for clients, including an opportunity to write and collaborate on creative ideas and delivery.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment, this position is for you. We provide a flexible, supportive, creative, remote work environment, and we offer competitive pay, company-provided education, 50% of employee’s health insurance premium paid by the company, dental insurance available and unlimited PTO.
Skills and experience preferred:
As part of a small team, you will juggle multiple projects and tasks and be rewarded with the satisfaction of working in an environment where you can directly impact the company’s path and success. We are looking for a minimum of 8 years’ experience in content strategy, publishing/journalism leadership or content marketing. Agency experience is a plus but not required. B2B experience is preferred.
- A strong understanding of the link between business growth and effective content strategy.
- A clear point of view on the role content can play in moving a buyer forward.
- Experience building and scaling multichannel content programs, measuring results and optimizing over time.
- Experienced in applying SEO best practices to planning and producing relevant content
- Skilled in and excited about making plans for content around topics you may not be familiar with.
- A great multi-tasker. We are a small company, so you’ll have to roll up your sleeves and do a little bit of everything. You will need to be able to balance long-term plans with last-minute requests from clients.
- Entrepreneurial, on behalf of ourselves and our clients.
- Be comfortable with the uncomfortable and determine the best solution even when there’s no existing process.
3 Aspens Media is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Compensation: Starting at $65k annually.